Cool Food Pledge health care signatories
The Cool Food Pledge is a new platform to help hospitals offer diners more of what they want while slashing food-related greenhouse gas emissions, saving costs, and improving health.
The pledge is a cross-sector initiative championed by the World Resources Institute. Health care is leading the pack with 28 facilities signed on so far to reduce their emissions from food purchasing, along with five signatories from other sectors including Hilton, Monde Nissin, and Morgan Stanley.
The 28 health care signatories serve more than 27,895,747 (combined) meals annually. The Cool Food Pledge is a free benefit for Practice Greenhealth members and available to non-members at an affordable rate.
- Bayshore Medical Center
- Boston Medical Center
- Butterworth Hospital
- Carrier Clinic
- Darthmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Hackensack Meridian Health
- Hackensack University Medical Center (Adult and Children’s)
- Health Raritan Bay Medical Center - Old Bridge
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center (Adult and children’s)
- JFK Medical Center
- Mountainside Medical Center
- Ocean Medical Center
- Overlook Hospital
- Palisades Medical Center
- Pascack Valley Medical Center
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy
- Riverview Medical Center
- Southern Ocean Medical Center
- Univerisity of California Health Davis
- Univerisity of California Health Irvine
- Univerisity of California Health Los Angeles
- Univerisity of California Health San Diego
- Univerisity of California Health San Francisco
- UW Health: American Family Children’s Hospital,
- UW Health: The American Center Hospital.
- UW Health: University Hospital
- Virginia Mason Medical Center
Join Practice Greenhealth
Practice Greenhealth is the health care sector’s go-to source for information, tools, data, resources, and expert technical support on sustainability initiatives that help hospitals and health systems meet their health, financial, and community goals.