Practice Greenhealth is the source for environmental solutions for the health care sector and lends support to create better, safer, greener workplaces and communities.
Practice Greenhealth is a nonprofit membership organization founded on the principles of positive environmental stewardship and best practices by organizations in the health care community.
Sustainable health care that’s good for the environment, good for patients and staff, and good for the bottom line means action plans to eliminate mercury, reduce and recycle solid waste, reduce regulated and chemical waste, reduce energy and water consumption, create healing environments, and establish green purchasing policies. Our overriding goals:
- Prevent, reduce and otherwise make less waste in the health care sector
- Achieve carbon neutrality in health care
- Reduce energy and water usage
- Build, renovate and purchase responsibly
- Demonstrate mission through respectful work environments
- Engage community on environmental sustainability in design, construction, and operations
- Lead the way in responsible buildings and operations
- Increase recycling programs
- Phase out hazardous substances and toxic chemicals